“On-demand” Bike Share Comes to Salem
On May 16, 2017, the City of Salem launched a Bike Share in partnership with Zagster, Inc., Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts and Salem State University.
The Salem Bike Share will launch with 18 cruiser bikes available across three stations initially:
- Federal Street/MBTA
- Front Street/Derby Square
- Blaney Street/Salem Ferry
- Coming Soon! Salem State University along the Salem Bike Path and at the Salem Willows
Ridership is possible through two options:
- Option 1: Hourly Rate ($3.00/hour).
- Option 2: Annual Membership ($25/year or $10 with promotional code BIKESALEM through August 2017). Annual memberships provide unlimited rides with the first hour free. Additional hourly fees apply for longer rides.